I buy 40 niche history books to resell on Amazon – without scanning them – to see if I could make money totally blind. Here’s the story…
A weird textbook publisher most sellers miss, that you can profit without even looking them up.
- How I profited from buying up Christian homeschooling books, without scanning a single one.
- A Black Friday online arbitrage secret (with an unadvertised promo code).
- Announcing: My Black Friday sale (limited to 100 copies, a few hints here)
For textbook season: A quick guide to spotting and avoiding counterfeit textbooks.
A crucial guide to making money buying book collections, a guide for Amazon booksellers
Buying large book collections present a unique problem for Amazon booksellers, and in this article I set out to answer a few questions:
- How do you know how much to pay for the book collection?
- How do you determine if you’ll make money or lose money?
- How do you tell a good collection from a bad one?
Looking for a new book source?
Here’s one that:
- A lot of Amazon sellers don’t know about.
- Is probably within a short drive of you right now.
Desperately attempting to fund a road trip, I find hundreds of documentary VHS tapes behind a college library.
I have more than a few obsessions, but two of them are: Road trips, and making the road trips pay for themselves via sourcing on the road. This is a story about both.
How I figured out “the missing link” of black belt bookselling.
In this epic article:
1. My search for the “missing link” of sourcing success.
2. The 3 levels of Amazon sourcing mastery (Most of us are stuck in #2).
3. The 4 principles that drive value in books. (Important. If you only have five minutes, skip right to this part).
The Amazon vinyl experiment. I’m really into finding the weird little blindspots and commonly available “leftover” items that most people overlook. Recently, I’ve dabbled in selling vinyl through Fulfillment by Amazon. Has the experiment been a success? Yes and no. The first thing you’re likely to think is: People still buy vinyl? Definitely. Vinyl sales […]
Recently, I purchased the entire inventory of a video store that closed down in Iowa. It was in a college neighborhood, and a good portion of the DVD’s were in the “indie” category, precisely the kind of DVDs that have the most value on Amazon. Over 150 of the DVDs were from the Criterion Collection, […]
I’m giving away my #1 secret source for used books. I have more lucrative sources, but this one is by far my favorite for a couple reasons. One, the books are free. Two, its just the most fun. It’s a source I could even give away the address of and not worry about anyone going […]